A slight detour from my usual writing style –
Fresh and easy (and fairly healthy)
My recipe for Muffins with fresh blueberries.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raising agent
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 400g fresh blueberrries
- 200g creme fresh / buttermilk
All measurements are approximate – I am not the type of cook who sticks exactly to the recipe.
Other fresh fruits can also be used in place of blueberries
- mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- add blueberries to dry ingredients and coat in flour (to prevent sinkage).
- mix wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- pour wet ingredients into dry and gently mix until a smooth batter is made. Do not overmix or the muffins turn out heavy.
- Pour into cake papers in cake tin (usually makes about 12).
- Place in the centre of a hot oven – gas mark 6/7 (400F, 200C).
- Once the tops have browned a little they should be ready to take out. If you’re not confident poke a skewer or cocktail stick inside and if it comes out clean they are ready.
Serve with a nice cuppa or a spoonful of cream/creme fresh on the side. ENJOY!!